Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our Family




















Finally we are home from the hospital. From Tuesday at one in the afternoon, when we thought we were going for a routine exam, through today at noon we were on quite a roller coaster. I cannot say enough what a wonderful and strong woman my wife is. Sharon handled every twist and turn so well, with strength and faith that she'd get through and bring our beautiful daughter into this world.
Beginning with a long and drawn-out wait into Wednesday morning, labor quickly escalated to a flat-out emergency. We're still sorting out our feelings as to how and why did things happen like they did. For more than a few minutes I really thought I'd be bringing this baby home by myself. It was scary.
And then when we saw her for the first time I was overcome with more joy than I ever thought possible. My whole world was new and everything I'll ever do for the rest of my life will be for this new family of mine.
Sharon's still recovering, but thankfully now in the comfort of our own bedroom.
Thanks so much for everyone who's been helping us out and praying for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! I can't wait to come and meet Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Hannah is adorable. Congrats and we hope to see you guys soon and meet Hannah!

Tom